Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Gunung Nuang Ultra Challenge 2016 (GNU 2016)


RUN EVENT: Gunung Nuang Ultra Challenge 2016
DATE : 24th February 2016


CATEGORY : ULTRA TRAIL RUN 
DISTANCE : 50KM (minimum)
LOCATION : Gunung Nuang, Hulu Langat
PRICE : RM120 
WEBSITE: http://www.gunungnuang.com/
RATING : 9/10

Been following my friend(Pali) to Nuang for training for the past few weeks, because originally he registered for this race while I am just tagging along for training. Lucky me, a few days before the race someone selling his bib. Manage to buy it and officially I am in the GNU 2016. It was my first ultramarathon and it was a last minute decision that I did not regret. Early morning after Subuh prayer, we start the race with lots of runner at the starting line. Myself and Pali on the other hand started a bit late because we were answering our morning 'nature call'. Started out walking and slowly accending up till few kilometers we started to slow jog. I pickup my pace during the second loop, while the third loop i make a pitt stop for food (nasi ayam) and lots of water for I was dehydrated. On my 4th loop attempt, I borrowed Pali's stick to support me during my climb which was the most slow and tired hike I have done but on my final loop, I drop off my hydration bag and wear my hydration bag for much lighter carry. Somehow, it did help and really motivated my to finish my 5th loop. Although I still got extra time to do another loop, I remember what my coach and Polar motto is to listen to my body. I rather finish strong than done another loop but finishing with injury. Thank God I made the right choice and my official time is 9hours 24minutes. The best part, I can myself an 'ultra-marathoner'! 










No comments:

Post a Comment