Sunday, March 8, 2015

Bukit Jalil Marathon 2015

RUN EVENT:Bukit Jalil Marathon 2015
DATE : 8th March 2015
CATEGORY : ROAD
DISTANCE : 21KM
LOCATION : Bukit Jalil
PRICE : RM64
RATING : 5/10

Formerly known as Brooks Half Marathon but now its called Bukit Jalil Marathon. Heard that this annual running event is challenging for its hills. Honestly, its not as what i expected. Compete in as my first 'virgin' Half Marathon run, it was an experience running 21km..well, I did walk most of the time. Me and my runnig buddy Fazlee started in a fast pace then we stop for prayer at mosque nearby the stadium. Nearly to the finish i felt cramp and my left knee hurts due to old ACL injury. Manage to finish the race in 3 hours (including subuh prayer), hey what do you expect for my first HM without proper training. But sadly me and my buddy did not get our finisher shirt from the organizer. All we got is a medal written 21km Bukit Jalil Marathon. Some complains also seen in facebook about their official pictures but few month later they came with this e-cert (woah cert with picture!):
To summarize, it was a nice experience for my first Half Marathon. Although along the way i kept thinking to myself 'what have i got myself into?' still manage to finish 21km. 

No comments:

Post a Comment